SuedeO is once again privileged to be able to provide some extremely important information for HCT Faculty and staff who may be finishing their last semester. Once more I am indebted to Agent X in HCT central services for the following words of wisdom, which indicate that many of the higher management goons (such as the arch thief Taleb Obaid, pictured alongside) have been trying to follow as closely as possible the progress of current lawsuits against the HCT over end of service pay outs.
Just by way of reminder, these lawsuits are calling into question current HCT practices that are the result of policy, but are on shaky ground legally – are plainly illegal, in other words. Agent X has helpfully provided the following advice about documents that need to be collected by ALL departing employees in the period leading up to their exiting HCT.
Collect the following:
1) Any documents that can verify the starting date at HCT, and contract renewal letters/offers.
2) Any documents that contradict each other regarding employment, such as copies of both contract renewal and termination within several months of each other.
(Employees who were both extended and terminated in previous years have grounds to sue for all the money they would have earned during the renewed contract)
3) Random pay stubs from the years of working for HCT, especially the final one.
4) Any documents from HCT containing any end of service settlement offer.
5) Any documents that express termination and/or give a last day of work.
6) Copies of any emails to and responses from central service regarding any end of service enquiries.
7) A PDF copy of the HCT academic calendar for the last academic year of employment.
8) A document that shows you as faculty or staff.
9) Any emails from HCT or management regarding employee benefits and end of service, leave days, etc.
10) A copy of the 2013 decree from FAHR.gov.ae
11) Any other email that might be helpful in the future.
This list is not exhaustive as yet, and there may be more posted later in the comments section.
Incidentally, all new employees should find the obscurely located HCT policies and procedures on the portal and print it out or save it as PDF in its entirety, since legally HCT considers that as part of your contract, and it will be the only version that applies to your initial employment arrangement with HCT.